Sunday, March 11, 2012

"The Heavens Declare The Glory"

Planet Watch
March 2012

Tonight I went outside to see the stars and was blown away by the sight of the planets Venus and Jupiter shining so bright and beautiful and so close together in the western sky. According to the website, EarthSky, the two planets will come together in a dazzling conjunction this week, with the more distant planet Mercury barely visible beneath them. Meanwhile, rising in the east, the mysterious red planet, Mars, will be visible at dusk, beaming all night as the brightest star just behind Sirius, commonly known as "The Dog Star".

"The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the firmament shows and proclaims
His handiwork."
Psalm 19:1

Looking up at the myriad of stars glittering across the deep purple canopy of night, my thoughts reflected those of the psalmist, beholding the beauty of God's creation while longing for fellowship with the Creator Himself.

"How lovely are Your tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! My soul yearns, yes, even pines and is homesick for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out and sing for joy to the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Yes, my soul longs for You, O Lord! For You alone are worthy of my praise and glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment