Friday, April 11, 2014

Till We Meet Again




 
"The Mighty One, God, the Lord,
 speaks and calls the earth
 from the rising of the sun to it's setting.
 Out of Zion,
 the perfection of beauty,
 God shines forth." 
 Psalm 50:1-2


Restlessness
in the watches of the night,
and in the waking hour
before dawn,
I lie here staring at the ceiling
 and think of you and
the very first... and last time
you came to me...uninhibited... without fear

The earthly chains
that bound you
are broken, banished is
your pain,
the torment, 
oh, how you suffered!
But now,
"It is finished".
Set free!...  set free at last...
Praise Him! 
How lovely are His tabernacles!
Praise Him!  Praise Him Forever!





 "How lovely are Your tabernacles, 
O Lord of hosts!
My soul yearns, yes, even pines
 and is homesick for the courts of the Lord;
 my heart and my flesh cry out
 and sing for joy to the living God."
Psalm 84:1-2





In the depths of
some  fragmented, troubling dream,
vague images rose and fell, 
 your soul reached out to mine
"Farewell my beloved, 
until another time and place"
you whispered softly
to my listening heart.
Awakened by the dawn's soft rosy glow
though I knew not of your passing,
not yet... the tears fell unbidden from my eyes
that early spring morning, then,when word came,
and  I knew you were gone forever from this life,
I felt as if nothing could ever be right again...

And yet... despite my sorrow,
where you now stand,
in the beauty of holiness,
 there is balm in Gilead
without fear, without pain,
rejoicing, dancing, praising,
on the beautiful shore!








There is a balm in Gilead
To make the wounded whole
There is a balm in Gilead
To heal the sin-sick soul

Sometimes I feel discouraged
And think my work's in vain
But then the Holy Spirit
Revives my soul again

Don't ever feel discouraged
For Jesus is your friend
And if you lack of knowledge
He'll ne'er refuse to lend

If you cannot preach like Peter
If you cannot pray like Paul
You can tell the love of Jesus
And say, "He died for all".


-An Old Spiritual







 

No comments:

Post a Comment