Tuesday, February 10, 2015

His Valentine



"My beloved speaks and says to me,
Rise up, my love, my fair one,
and come away.
For, behold, the winter is past;
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of singing of birds has come,
and the voice
of the turtledove
is heard in our land.
The fig tree
puts forth her green figs
and the vines
are in blossom 
and give forth their fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away."
-Song of Solomon 2:10-13


Do I heed Christ
when He bids me
to come away from the
lion's den of temptation
and dwell with Him?

Am I willing
to have the north wind
of adversity 
blow upon me,
if it will better fit me
for Christ's presence
and companionship?




In my weariness
from earthly cares,
do I hesitate
to answer
when the Divine Shepherd
knocks at my door,
and so turn Him 
from me?

-The Amplified Bible





"Fear not,
for you will not be ashamed;
neither be confounded and
depressed, for you shall
not be put to shame.
For you shall forget
the shame of your youth,
and you shall not seriously
remember the reproach
of your widowhood 
any more.



Vladimir Volegov


For Your Maker is Your Husband,
the Lord of hosts is His name
and the Holy One of Israel
is your Redeemer;
the God of the whole earth
He is called."
Isaiah 54:4-5



Although the 54th chapter of Isaiah
reflects God's joy over redemption,
it is also His personal
love letter to His forsaken daughters,
the lonely, the disappointed, the
childless, the widow,
to let them know that
while the circumstances of
their lives might have
caused them to feel
rejected, even worthless,
He will never leave
nor forsake them.







Isaiah 54 has all
the blessed assurance that
despite our outward circumstances,
we are His own true love and
He is ours, forever.







“All are yours,
 and you are of Christ,
 and Christ is of God.”
 1 Corinthians 3:22-23







Loved with everlasting love,
 led by grace that love to know;
Gracious Spirit from above,
 Thou hast taught me it is so!
O this full and perfect peace! 
O this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease, 
I am His, and He is mine.
In a love which cannot cease,
 I am His, and He is mine.

Heav’n above is softer blue,
Earth around is sweeter green!
Something lives in every hue
 Christless eyes have never seen;
Birds with gladder songs o’erflow, 
flowers with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know, as now I know,
 I am His, and He is mine.
Since I know, as now I know, 
I am His, and He is mine.

Things that once were wild alarms
 cannot now disturb my rest;
Closed in everlasting arms,
 pillowed on the loving breast.
O to lie forever here, 
doubt and care and self resign,
While He whispers in my ear,
 I am His, and He is mine.
While He whispers in my ear,
 I am His, and He is mine.

His forever, only His;
 Who the Lord and me shall part?
Ah, with what a rest of bliss 
Christ can fill the loving heart!
Heav’n and earth may fade and flee,
 firstborn light in gloom decline;
But while God and I shall be, 
I am His, and He is mine.
But while God and I shall be,
 I am His, and He is mine.
 "I am His, and He is Mine"
By George W. Robinson
(1876)
Music By  James Mountain
"Hymns of Con­se­cra­tion and Faith"
(1876) 




 "My Beloved is mine and I am His!"
Song of Solomon
2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment