Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Great Grey Elephant






"Whatever God touches
 is transformed into a thing of beauty-
which we may not even
notice until He opens
our eyes to see."
 Dr. Charles Stanley





Great grey elephant,
little yellow bee,
Tiny purple violet,
big tall tree...




Red and white sailboat on a blue sea.
All these things you gave me, God,
When you made my eyes to see.
Thank You God.
Author Unknown




The Beauty of Creation Bears Witness to God

Question the beauty of the earth,
the beauty of the sea,
the beauty of the wide air around you,
the beauty of the sky;

Question the order of the stars,
the sun whose brightness lights the day,
the moon whose splendor softens
the gloom of night;

Question the living creatures
that move in the waters,
that roam the earth,
that fly through the air;
the spirit that lies hidden,
the matter that is manifest;
the visible things that are ruled,
the invisible that rule them;
question all these.

They will answer you:
"Behold and see, we are beautiful."
Their beauty is their confession of God.
Who made these beautiful changing things,
If not One who is beautiful and changeth not?



Bringing In the Harvest
Karen Noles




Late Have I Loved Thee

Late have I loved Thee.
O Beauty, ever ancient, ever new,
Late have I loved Thee.
And see, You were within 
and I was in the external world
and sought You there,
and in my unlovely state 
I plunged into those lovely created things
which You made.
You were with me
and I was not with You.
The lovely things 
kept me far from You,
though if they did not have 
their existence in You
they had no existence at all.
You called and cried out loud
and shattered my deafness.
You were radiant and resplendent,
You put to flight my blindness.
You were fragrant, and I drew in my breath
and now pant after You.
I tasted You and I feel but
hunger and thirst for You.
You touched me, and I am set on fire
to attain the peace which is Yours.
Augustine of  Hippo
(354-430)



Little Wildflower
Karen Noles








No comments:

Post a Comment