Friday, February 1, 2019

My Little Doll Rose



I have a little doll

I take care of her clothes;

She has soft flaxen hair;

And her name it is Rose.


 Legendary child star Shirley Temple and her doll.
Was her darling's name Rose?


She has pretty blue eyes,

And a very small nose,

And a cunning little mouth;

My dear little Rose.


I have a little sofa

Where my doll may repose,

Or sit up like a lady;

My knowing little Rose.


My doll can move her arms,

And stand upon her toes;

Or make a pretty curtsy 

My funny little Rose.


"How old is your dolly?"

Very young I suppose,

For she cannot go alone,

My precious little Rose.


Indeed I cannot tell,

In poetry or prose,

How beautiful she is,

My darling little Rose.



"My Little Doll Rose"
From the book,
"Little Songs"
(1889)
Eliza Lee Cabot Follen
(1787-1860)
American writer, poet, abolitionist


No comments:

Post a Comment