Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Prayer Of An Unknown Confederate Soldier







Confederate Memories
Robert Wilson
American Artist and Historian




I asked for strength that I might achieve;

I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do great things:

I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;

I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;

I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;

I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had asked for, but everything that I hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers are answered;

I am among all men, most richly blessed.






No comments:

Post a Comment