Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Day 2018: The View From Here





"We are assured and know that, God,
being a partner in their labor, all things work
together and are fitting into a plan for good to and for
those who love God and are called according to
His purpose and design."
Romans 8:28



Winter Afternoon
Sam Timm



WHATEVER IS...IS BEST


I know, as my life grows older,
And mine eyes have clearer sight,
That under each rank wrong somewhere
There lies the root of Right;

That each morrow has its purpose,
By the sorrowing oft unguessed;
But as sure as the sun brings morning,
Whatever is...is best.

I know that each sinful action,
As sure as the night brings shade,
Is somewhere, sometime punished,
Tho' the hour be long delayed.
I know that the soul is aided
Sometimes by the heart's unrest,
And to grow means often to suffer...
But whatever is...is best.

I know there are no errors,
In the great Eternal plan,
And all things work together
For the final good of man.

And I know when my soul speeds onward,
In its grand Eternal quest,
I shall say as I look back earthward,
Whatever is...is best.



Snowy River
Michael Humphries




"For I know the thoughts and plans I have for you," says the Lord,
thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give
you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, 
and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.
Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me, as a vital
necessity, and find Me when you search for Me
with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13




"Whatever Is...Is Best"
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(1850-1919)














No comments:

Post a Comment