Sunday, December 16, 2018

Third Sunday Meditation: Wondrous Redeemer





"He shall come as a Redeemer to Zion
and to those in Jacob, (Israel) who turn
from transgression, says the Lord."
Isaiah 59:20



Lion and the Lamb
Song of Yahweh
Jon McNaughton




 A MEDITATION FROM THE BOOK OF ROMANS



"For I know that nothing good dwells within me,
that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot
perform it. I have the intention and urge to do what is right,
but have no power to carry it out.

For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do, but the
evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am ever doing.
Now if I do what I do not desire to do, it is no longer I doing it,
it is not myself that acts, but the sin principle which dwells
within me fixed and operating within my soul.

So I find it to be a law, rule of action of my being that when
I want to do what is right and good, evil is ever present within me
and I am subject to its insistent demands.

O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am!
Who will release and deliver me from the shackles of
this body of death?

O thank God! He will! through Jesus Christ, the Anointed One,
our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself with the mind and heart,
serve the Law of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin.

Therefore there is now no condemnation, no adjudging guilty of wrong,
for those of us who are in Christ Jesus, who live and walk not after the
dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life which is in Christ Jesus, the law of
our new being, has freed me from the law of sin and death.

For God has done what the Law could not do, its power being
weakened by the flesh, the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit.

 Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh,
as an offering for sin, God condemned sin in the flesh, subdued,
overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice."
Romans  7:18, 19, 20, 24, 25; 8:1, 2,3



 Great Redeemer
Brent Borup



He has come, the world's Redeemer,
Precious gift of Heaven to earth;
Shout aloud the joyful tidings
Of the dear Redeemer's birth.

(Refrain)
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Shout aloud the joyful tidings;
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Christ our Savior now is here.

Let us give Him gladly welcome
To our hearts and homes today;
He for sin has full forgiveness
As we penitently pray.

In His hands are wondrous treasures,
Which no other can bestow:
Healing for the brokenhearted,
Sweetest comfort we can know.



"The Redeemer Is Come"
(1897)
Words by
Mary Frances Yorke
Music by
F.D. Jacobs



No comments:

Post a Comment