Monday, September 5, 2016

More Precious Than All Things Sought After



"Forsake not Wisdom, get understanding,
discernment, comprehension, and interpretation;
do not forget and turn back from
the words of my mouth."
Proverbs 4:5




Train up a child in the way they should go..."
Proverbs 22:6











"Every Scripture is God-breathed, given by His inspiration
and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin,
for correction of error and discipline in obedience,
and for training in righteousness,
in holy living, in conformity to God's will,
in thought, purpose, and action."
II Timothy 3:16





"For the Lord searches all hearts and minds
and understands all wanderings of thoughts.
If you seek Him, inquiring for and of Him,
and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity
you will find Him."
1 Chronicles 28:9




Summer wildflowers in Mount Rainer National Park
Washington State




"Where could I go from Your Spirit?
Or where could I flee from Your presence?
 If I take the wings of the morning
or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there shall Your hand lead me,
and Your right hand shall hold me."
Psalm 139:7,9,10



 Sunrise over the East Sea in South Korea






 "Every word of God is tried and purified;
He is a shield to those who trust and take refuge in Him."
Proverbs 30:5






A Single Pearl of Great Price


"Again the kingdom of heaven is 
like a man who is a dealer in search of
fine and precious pearls,
Who, on finding a single pearl of great price
went and sold all he had
and bought it."
Matthew 13:45-46


"Picture Jesus holding just that one pearl
in His hand, looking down at it with inexpressible love,
and saying to it, "It was for you I paid the price.
 I gave all I had".
This is something very personal and very individual.
It is not something collective, it is not a group.
It is Jesus with just one pearl in the palm of His hand,
speaking to that pearl saying,
"It was for you I paid the price.
I gave all I had."

Go one step further, and this is so important.
Say to yourself, "I was that pearl.
I am that pearl.
If there had been nobody else to be redeemed,
Jesus would have died just for me."
I want you to see that.
So many of us struggle with a sense of 
unworthiness, inadequacy, and rejection.
We wonder whether we are really wanted.
It is so important to see that each of us is a pearl
for which Jesus gave all He had."
From the teaching,
"Extravagant Love"
By Derek Prince




No comments:

Post a Comment