Friday, January 20, 2017

Breath of the Almighty




"For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath
of the Almighty gives me life."
-Job 33:4



Sleeping Wonder






“Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you,
 and you shall live.”
 Ezekiel 37:5







Long years we have yearned for the showers of blessing,
Have earnestly prayed for abundance of rain;
Praise God, some are singing the new song of Heaven,
The breath of the Spirit brings power again.

-Civilla D. Martin








Breathe on me, breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.


Breathe on me, breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until with Thee I will one will,
To do and to endure.


Breathe on me, breath of God,
Blend all my soul with Thine,
Until this earthly part of me
Glows with Thy fire divine.


Breathe on me, breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.

-Edwin Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment