Monday, July 17, 2017

Nobody's Friend




"For out of the fullness of the heart,
the mouth speaks."
Matthew 12:34




"A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told
a thousand times becomes the truth."
Nazi Minister of Propaganda
Joseph Goebbels





My name is Gossip.  I have no respect for justice.

I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives.

I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted the more I am believed.

My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves
against me because I have no name and no face.




Even innocent children are not spared from
the ravishing of idle gossip




To track me down is impossible. The harder you try,
the more elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend.








Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.

I topple governments and wreck marriages.

I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights,
heartache and indigestion.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.

Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip. 
 I make headlines and headaches.

Before you repeat a story, ask yourself:
Is it true?  Is it harmless? Is it necessary?

If it isn't, don't repeat it.




Whipped into a frenzy of fear and uncertainty by the
gossip passed on to them primarily through the mainstream media,
Americans angrily protest against President Donald Trump.




"The good man from his inner good treasure flings forth 
good things, and the evil man out of his inner evil storehouse
flings forth evil things. 
But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give
an account for ever idle word they speak.
For by your words you will be justified and acquitted,
and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced."
Matthew 12:35-37



"Nobody's Friend"
Author Unknown
From the booklet, "Dear Abby's "Keepers"
By Abigail Van Buren





No comments:

Post a Comment