Thursday, January 8, 2015

How Lovely Are The Tabernacles Of The Lord: In Memory Of Chase





Today I lost a dear friend.
Someone who loved me
Without condition.
He didn't care
If I am not at my perfect weight,
Or sometimes had a grumpy
disposition.
I could tell him
My innermost thoughts
All my secrets 
He knew so well,
And when I felt sad
He comforted me
Resting his silky head
On my knee.
My heart is broken tonight
I've shed many a tear
My house seems so lonely
Without my friend
Being here.



Image courtesy/Etsy




"All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all."
-Cecil F. Alexander
Hymns For Little Children
1848



"How lovely are Your tabernacles, 
O Lord of hosts!
My soul yearns, yes,
even pines 
and is homesick for
the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
and sing for joy to the living God.
Yes, the sparrow has found a house,
and the swallow a nest for herself
where she may lay her young-
even Your altars,
O Lord of hosts,
my King and my God"
Psalm 84:1-3 



God does not forget the sparrows
 and He will not forget you either Chase!


Until we meet again, 
my beloved and faithful friend,
rest safely in the tender care of Yeshua.




No comments:

Post a Comment