Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Role Of The Comforter




"O Lord, you have searched me 

and have known me.

You know my downsitting

 and my uprising;

You understand my thoughts from afar off.

You sift and search out my path

and my lying down,

and You are acquainted

 with all my ways."

Psalm 139:1-3



The Holy Spirit
Palette Knife Painting
Alfonso Garcia
(2019)



"So too the Holy Spirit comes to our aid

and bears us up in our weakness;

for we do not know what prayer to offer

nor how to offer it worthily as we ought,

but the Spirit Himself

 goes to meet our supplication

and pleads in our behalf

with unspeakable yearnings

and groanings too deep for utterance.

And He Who searches the hearts of men

knows what is in the mind of the Holy Spirit

because the Spirit intercedes

 and pleads before God

in behalf of the saints according to 

and in harmony with God's will.

We are assured and know that God,

being a partner in their labor

all things work together 

and are fitting into a plan for good

to and for those who love God

and are called according to

 His design and purpose."

Romans 8: 26-28




No comments:

Post a Comment