Sunday, September 19, 2021

After God's Own Heart

 

PSALM 18

Excerpts taken from a Psalm of David, the servant of the Lord,
a man after God's own heart, who spoke the words of this song
 to the Lord on the day when the Lord delivered him
 from the hands of all his enemies
and from the hand of Saul.





I love You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength.

The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer;

my God, my keen and firm Strength

in Whom I will take refuge,

my Shield, and the horn of my salvation,

my High Tower.


I will call upon the Lord,  Who is to be praised;

so shall I be saved from my enemies.

The Lord rewarded me

according to my righteousness

my conscious integrity and sincerity

with Him;

according to the cleanness of my hands

He recompensed me.


For I have kept the ways of the Lord

and have not wickedly departed

from my God.


For You deliver an afflicted and humble people

but will bring down those with haughty looks.

You cause my lamp to be lighted

and to shine;

the Lord my God

illuminates my darkness.


As for God, His way is perfect!

The word of the Lord is tested and tried;

He is a Shield to all who take refuge

and put their trust in Him.


Therefore, I will give thanks

 and extol You, O Lord,

among the nations,

and sing praises to Your name."



Yeshua
(2011)
Zemer Levav



Scripture references:
Psalm 18:1-3, 20, 21, 27, 28, 30, 49
(The Amplified Bible)





No comments:

Post a Comment