Saturday, October 15, 2016

Autumn Road Trip




Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolor
Summer an oil painting, and
Autumn a mosaic of them all.
-Stanley Horowitz



Boldt Castle
Thousand Islands, New York
 Photograph By Doug Tolluch







"Delicious autumn!  
 My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns."  

 
George Eliot  



Snow Geese From A Bird's Eye View
Delaware
Photograph By Kevin Fleming





"All things on earth point home in old October:
 sailors to sea, travelers to walls and fences,
 hunters to field and hollow
 and the long voice of the hounds,
 the lover to the love he has forsaken."
- Thomas Wolfe 




Autumn Mountain Glory
 Great Smoky Mountains
Gatlinburg, Tennessee







"Looking on the happy Autumn-fields,
An thinking of the days that are no more.
  Alfred Lord Tennyson



Original Lord Of The Southern Plains
Wild Buffalo
Wichita Mountains National Park and
Wildlife Refuge
Oklahoma






I prefer red chile over my eggs
and potatoes for breakfast.
Red chile ristras decorate my door,
dry on my roof, and hang from eaves.
They lend open-air vegetable stands
historical grandeur, and gently swing
with an air of festive welcome.
I can hear them talking in the wind,
haggard, yellowing, crisp, rasping
tongues of old men, licking the breeze.

Jimmy Santiago Baca



The Spice Is Right
Chili Peppers Drying In The Autumn Sun
New Mexico







In the gloaming, oh, my darling!
When the lights are dim and low,
And the quiet shadows falling,
Softly come and softly go;

When the winds are sobbing faintly
With a gentle unknown woe,
Will you think of me, and love me,
As you did once long ago?

In the gloaming, oh, my darling!
Think not bitterly of me!
Tho' I passed away in silence
Left you lonely, set you free;

For my heart was crush'd with longing,
What had been could never be;
It was best to leave you thus, dear,
Best for you, and best for me.

-Meta Orred



Sunset Over Monterey Bay
California






No harm has come to us, just puzzling times,
in never knowing why this came to be
Perhaps a tribe once lived here long ago;
Their roaming spirits, still alive and free. 
 Sandra Haight   




Rising From The Mist
Junction Lake
Indian Heaven Wilderness
Gifford Pinchot National Forest
Cascade Mountain Range
Washington State





The great north land
Is sung by every band,
The coast from north to west
Has a grand quest.
It is home to sourdough and gold;
It honors the brave and bold.
Eight stars rest high above
And fresh white snow below.
Together the bears run
Under the midnight sun.
The northern Eagles flew
Over the deep ocean blue
To see this majestic place
And its wondrous grace.

Patrick Czyz



"Please Don't Feed Me!
You Are Far Too Tempting For My Diet."
Sincerely Yours,
Mama Grizzly
Denali National Park
Alaska




 "And God said,
Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens
to separate the day from the night, and let
them be signs and tokens of God's provident care,
and to mark the seasons, days, and years,
And let them be lights in the expanse of the sky
to give light upon the earth.
And it was so."
Genesis 1:14-15


 Autumn Night at the Pond
Kevin Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment