Sunday, April 11, 2021

Lord And Savior, True And Kind

 


"The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; 
my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.
 Therefore my heart rejoices, and
 I give thanks to Him with my song.

Psalm 28:7


Calming Embrace
Yongsung Kim
Korean artist


Lord and Savior, true and kind

Be the Master of my mind;

Bless, and guide, and strengthen still

All my powers of thought and will.

While I ply the scholar's task,

Jesus Christ, be near, I ask:

Help the memory, clear the brain,

Knowledge still to seek and gain.

Here I train for life's swift race;

Let me do it in Thy grace;

Here I arm me for life's fight;

Let me do it in Thy might.

Thou hast made me mind and soul;

I for Thee would use the whole;

Thou hast died that I might live;

All my powers to Thee I give.

Striving, thinking, learning still,

Let me follow thus Thy will,

Till my whole glad nature be

Trained for duty and for Thee.




"Lord And Savior, True And Kind"
(1905)
Handley Carr Glynn Moule
(1841-1920)
English clergyman and hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment