Friday, March 24, 2023

An Indian Love Song

 


Light o' the lodge, how I love thee,

Light o' the lodge how I love thee,

Mianza, my wild-wood fawn!

To wait and to watch for thy passing

On hill-top I linger at dawn.


"Eternal Soulmates"
Lee Bogle
American artist
Image courtesy/Pinterest



Glimmer of morn, how I love thee,

Glimmer of morn, how I love thee!

My flute to the ground now I fling,

As you tread the steep trail to the spring,

For thy coming has silenced my song.

Shimmer of moon on the river,

Sheen of soft star on the lake!

Moonlight and starlight are naught

Their gleam and their glow is ne'er fraught

With such love-light as falls from thine eyes.


"An Indian Love Song"
(1924)
Hen-toh
Bertrand Nicholas Oliver Walker
(1870-1927)
Wyandot Indian poet




No comments:

Post a Comment