Sunday, February 18, 2024

Under His Wings

 


"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall
remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty,
Whose power no foe can withstand."

(Psalm 9
1:1)



In The Shadow Of Your Wings
Image courtesy/Pinterest




Covered with feathers of mercy,

Covered with feathers of love,

Covered from all that might harm me,

Safe till God calls me above.


Under his wings I am trusting,

Under His wings I do hide;

Safe in this beautiful shadow

Let me forever abide.


Here is my refuge and covert,

Under the wings of my God;

Here am I peacefully resting,

Trusting His love and His rod.


Under the wings of His healing,

Under the wings of His might,

Keep me forever, dear Savior,

Sheltered by day and by night.




"Under His Wings"
(1885)
Annie Winthrow
American hymn writer







No comments:

Post a Comment