Sunday, February 27, 2022

Spring Garden

 


"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone:
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing
of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."
Song of Solomon
(2:10-12)



Crocus blooming in the snow.   These beautiful flowers, along with the dainty Snowdrop,
 are often called "the heralds of spring."
Image courtesy /iStock



So when I looked at those flowers,

I was looking at God

For they bloomed in His sun

and grew in His sod.

And each lovely flower

was a "voice from above"

That whispered a message

of kindness and love.

For I feel in my heart

and I know you do, too,

That God speaks to us all

through the kind things we do.

And when I looked at those flowers

I couldn't help but feel

That they brought heaven nearer

and made God so real.


"Spring Garden"
Helen Steiner Rice
(1900-1983)
Inspirational writer and Christian poetess




No comments:

Post a Comment