Sunday, May 21, 2023

God Who Touches Earth With Beauty

 


"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right,
persevering, and steadfast spirit within me.
(Psalm 51:10)


Aura Borealis
(Northern Lights)
Banff National Park
Calgary Alberta
Canada
Image courtesy/Flickr



God who touches earth with beauty,

Make me lovely too,

With Thy Spirit re-create me,

Make my heart a-new.


Like Thy springs and running waters,

Make me crystal pure,

Like Thy rocks of towering grandeur

Make me strong and sure.


Like Thy dancing waves in sunlight,

Make me glad and free,

Like the straightness of pine trees

Let me upright be.


Like the arching of the heavens,

Lift my thoughts above,

Turn my dreams to noble action

Ministries of love.


God, who touches earth with beauty,

Make me lovely too,

Keep me ever, by Thy Spirit,

Pure, and strong, and true.

Amen.



"God Who Touches Earth With Beauty"
(1925, 1939)
Mary Susannah Edgar
(1889-1973)
Canadian author



No comments:

Post a Comment