Wednesday, May 10, 2023

In Memory Of Les Feldick (1927-2023)

 

"Every Scripture is God-breathed, given by His inspiration
and profitable for instruction,  for reproof and conviction of sin,
for correction of error and discipline in obedience, and for
training in righteousness, in holy living, in conformity to
God's will in thought, purpose, and action.

So that the man of God may be complete and proficient,
well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work."
(11 Timothy 3:16-17)

 

Les Feldick
Picture courtesy/Through The Bible With Les Feldick Newsletter


It was with a mixture of sadness and joy when I learned this morning that
 one of my favorite Bible teachers, the dearly loved and admired Les Feldick,
 passed into eternal Glory on April 5, 2023 at approximately 8:30 p.m. 
  surrounded by his loving wife of 70 years, Iris, and family.
Les was 95 years old.   May he rest in peace.

Several years ago, I discovered Les's daily program,
"Through The Bible With Les Feldick" when I had to get up
 at 6:00 a.m. to make sure my youngest son caught 
   the school bus out in front of our home.

Since I often could not go back to sleep again, I began watching 
 television at that early hour.  One morning, while channel surfing
  through local news, infomercials and re-runs of 1960's television sit-coms,
 I asked God to help me find something meaningful to watch.

I sincerely believe the Holy Spirit led me to Les's program.  

Les Feldick was a very down-to-earth gentleman, a self-taught Oklahoma rancher
 and farmer whose public platform very much resembled a cozy home Bible study,
and who would often begin his program with a simple suggestion
 to both his studio audience and television viewership,
 "Let's see what the Book says."

Les' unshakable faith and confidence in God's Word has not only inspired me
  to read and study my Bible more often, but since the beginning of his
on-air ministry in 1990, his unique, in-depth teaching style 
has blessed
 millions of people all around the world.

 According to his ministry's newsletter, "Through The Bible" will continue
  as long as the Lord allows.  I am so glad to hear this! In a world increasingly
bereft of the truth, I pray that Les's teachings will continue to bless many 
people with a deeper understanding and appreciation of God's Word.

My heart and prayers are with his wife Iris and family.
May God bless them with His comfort and peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment