Saturday, October 14, 2023

Resting In The Lord

 

"But You, O Lord, know and understand me and my devotion to You;
You see me and try my heart towards You."
(Jeremiah 12:3)


Rainy Autumn Day
Georgeta Blanaru
Romanian artist
Image courtesy/Saatchi Art




Psalm 62
A Psalm of David


"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation.

He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress,

I shall not be greatly moved.

How long will you set upon a man that you may slay him, all of you,

like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?

They only consult to cast him down from his height to dishonor him;

they delight in lies.  They bless with their mouths, but they curse inwardly.

Selah, pause and calmly think of that!

My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him;

for my hope and expectation are from Him.

He only is my Rock and my Salvation;

He is my Defense and Fortress, I shall not be moved.

With God rests my salvation and my glory;

He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness,

my refuge is in God!

Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times,

you people; pour out your hearts before Him.  

God is a refuge for us, a fortress and a high tower.

Selah pause, and calmly think of that!

Men of low degree in the social scale are emptiness,

and men of high degree in the same scale

are a lie and a delusion.

In the balances they go up; they are together lighter than breath.

Trust not and rely confidently not on extortion and oppression,

and do not vainly hope in robbery;  

if riches increase,  set not your heart on them.

God has spoken once, twice have I heard this:

that power belongs to God.

Also to You, O Lord, belong mercy and loving-kindness,

for You render to every man according to his work."




No comments:

Post a Comment