Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thursday's Thoughts: Perfect Love Cast Out All Fear

 


"There is no fear in love, dread does not exist, but full-grown, complete,
 perfect love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror!
For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and so he who is
afraid has not reached the full maturity of love, is not yet
grown into love's complete perfection."
(I John 4:18)


Come As You Are
Greg Olsen
American artist
Image courtesy/Pixels/Fine Art America



"Heavenly Father, I pray that I would let these sweet words of truth
settle in my heart.  There are times in my life when I am very fearful.
I know that when I am fearing things in life, I am not exhibiting trust
in You. I pray that You would surround me with Your perfect love,
where fear has no place to stand and has to be cast out.  

As I rest in Your love, I pray that I would experience the peace
that passes understanding, whatever situation of life I am in.
And, as I come to a deep realization of the depths of Your superlative
 love for me, may I be used by You to love as I am loved.

In Jesus' name,
Amen


Source: https://prayer.knowing-jesus.com/1-John/4/18



No comments:

Post a Comment