Sunday, September 22, 2024

O Zion Afflicted With Wave Upon Wave

 



"The Lord will thunder and roar from Zion and utter His voice from Jerusalem,
and the heavens and the earth shall shake; but the Lord will be a refuge for
His people and a stronghold to the children of Israel.
(Joel 3: 16)



Lion of the tribe of Judah
Debbie Clark Art

 


O Zion, afflicted with wave upon wave,

Whom no mortal power can succor or save;

With sickness surrounded, by terrors dismayed,

In toiling and watching, thy strength is decayed.


Thy enemies are many, thy o' erwhelm,

But thy blessed Pilot, He sits at the helm;

His wisdom conducts thee,  His power thee defends,

In safety and quiet thy warfare He ends.


"O fearful, O faithless," in mercy He cries,

"My kindness thou doubts of,  My promise denies;

Yet still I am with thee, My promise shall stand,

Through tossing and tempest, I'll bring thee to land.

"Forget thee, I will not, I cannot, thy name

Engraved on My heart doth forever remain;

The palms of My hands, whilst I look on I see

The wounds I received when I suffered for thee.


"I feel at My heart all thy sighs and thy groans,

For thou art most near Me, My flesh and My bones;

In all thy distress, thy Head knows the pain;

Yet all are most needful, not one is in vain.


"Then trust Me, and fear not, thy life is secure,

My wisdom is perfect, supreme is My power;

In love I correct thee, thy soul to refine,

And cause thee at length in My likeness to shine.


The foolish, the fearful, the weak are My care!

The helpless, the hopeless, I hear their sad prayer;

From all their afflictions, My glory shall spring,

The deeper their sorrows, the louder they'll sing."


"O Zion Afflicted With Wave Upon Wave"
(1784)
James Grant
Scottish hymn writer



Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem and for the Salvation of Israel.

Maranatha!


Your Name
(2010)
Zemer Levav
Galilee Of The Nations Music USA, Inc.
(2007)






No comments:

Post a Comment