Thursday, June 4, 2020

Strange Days, Even Stranger Weather




A Derecho is often called "an inland hurricane".  Yesterday, as I was coming
back from a trip to the grocery store near my home in southern New Jersey 
 the early afternoon skies began to take on a seriously ominous appearance.

My son who was with me was convinced it was a tornado and as the wind
blew great clouds of dust across the farm fields and into the roadway I
was convinced he was right!  Thankfully, we safely made it home and got 
 all the groceries inside the house right before it started to pour rain! Praise God!




The view from Medford, New Jersey yesterday as a rare weather phenomenon
 called a Derecho swept across eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey
with high winds, lightning, hail, and torrential rain. Four people were killed
in this storm and many thousands of residents have been left without power.
Photo: Twitter/mcadehaven




No comments:

Post a Comment