Saturday, June 5, 2021

The Rainbow In The Clouds

 


"And God said, This is the token of the covenant,
solemn pledge, which I am making between Me
and you and every living creature that is with you
for all future generations.



Sheep graze on a field in front of a rainbow in southern Israel
Photo Courtesy Menahem Kahana/AFP/Getty Images



I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be a token
or a sign of a covenant or solemn pledge between Me and the earth.
And it shall be that when I bring clouds over the earth and the
rainbow is seen in the clouds,

I will earnestly remember My covenant or solemn pledge
which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh;
and the waters will no more become a flood to destroy
and make all flesh corrupt.

When the rainbow is in the clouds and I look upon it,
I will earnestly remember the everlasting covenant or pledge
between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

And God said to Noah, "This rainbow is the token or sign of the
covenant or solemn pledge which I have established between Me
and all the flesh upon the earth."

Genesis 9:12-17




No comments:

Post a Comment