Friday, July 29, 2022

Flashback Friday: He Stopped Loving Her Today

 

My Dad was a big fan of country music.  He always said that
George Jones was the undisputed King of Country Music for
his generation.  I think so too. George's powerful voice could
stir the emotions of even the toughest men like my Dad. 

George Jones was the inspiration for many future performers
 of traditional country music like Alan Jackson.

This song reminds me of the unique relationship between my
 father and mother that lasted sixty years before his death on
 July 29, 2020.  Theirs was not a perfect union, of course,
but through all the good and bad times they never
stopped loving and caring for each other.

If it had been up to me, I would have had this
beautiful song played at my father's funeral.

It is to his memory I dedicate this song.

💓 I miss you, Daddy! 💓


He Stopped Loving Her Today
(1980)
George Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment