Monday, July 3, 2023

Full Buck Moon Tonight

 


July's Full Buck Moon will rise tonight just after sunset and will
 be a spectacular sight to see on the eve of Independence Day!

This month's moon is a supermoon -one of four for 2023-
which means lovely Luna will appear larger and brighter 
than average as she rises into the sultry summer night sky.


Image courtesy/Prevention.com



The full moon of July is called the Full Buck Moon
because at this time of the year male deer have
fully grown antlers.  Bucks shed and regrow
their antlers each year, producing larger
and more impressive sets as they grow older.

We are currently under a severe thunderstorm watch
until 10:oo pm here in my neck of the woods so I am not
sure I will see the moonrise.  But I hope so!

I also hope the skies will be clear where you're at tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment