Sunday, October 18, 2020

Sunday Meditation: He Wills That I Should Holy Be

 

"The Lord your God is in the midst of you; a Mighty One,
a Savior, who saves you! He will rejoice over you with joy:
He will rest in silent satisfaction and in His love He will be silent
and make no mention of past sins, or even recall them;
He will exult over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17


"Ye Are Not Forgotten"
Jon McNaughton



He wills that I should holy be;

The holiness I long to feel;

The full divine conformity,

To all my Savior's righteous will.


See, Lord, the travail of Thy soul

Accomplished in the change of mine,

And plunge me, every whit made whole,

In all the depths of love divine.



"He Wills That I Should Holy Be"
Charles Wesley
(1707-1788)
English hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment