Monday, February 22, 2021

By George! On His Birthday


 

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in Him."
Jeremiah 17:7


George Washington
February 22, 1732-December 14, 1799
First President Of The United States Of America


"Oh, eternal and everlasting God,

direct my thoughts, words, and work.

Wash away my sins in the 

immaculate blood of the Lamb

and purge my heart 

by the Holy Spirit.

Daily, frame me more

and more in the likeness

of Thy Son Jesus Christ

that living in Thy fear,

and dying in Thy favor,

I may in Thy appointed time

obtain the resurrection of the justified

unto eternal life.

Bless, O Lord,

the whole race of mankind

and let the world be filled

with the knowledge of

Thy Son, Jesus Christ."

George Washington's Prayer Book




No comments:

Post a Comment