Friday, February 26, 2021

My Shepherd Will Supply My Needs

 

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Psalm 23:6


Jesus The Good Shepherd
Bernhard Plockhorst
(1825-1907)
German painter



My Shepherd will supply my need,

The God of love supreme;

In pastures green You make me feed,

Beside the living stream.

You bring my wand'ring spirit back,

When I forsake Your ways;

And lead me for Your mercy's sake,

In paths of truth and grace.

When I walk through the shades of death,

Your presence is my stay;

One word of Your supporting breath

Drives all my fears away.

Your hand, in sight of all my foes,

Does still my table spread;

My cup with blessings overflows;

Your oil anoints my head.

The sure provisions of my God

Attend me all my days;

O may Your house be my abode,

And all my work be praise!

There would I find a settled rest,

While others go and come;

No more a stranger nor a guest,

But like a child at home.


"My Shepherd Will Supply My Needs"
Isaac Watts
(1674-1748)
English Christian minister and hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment