Friday, August 20, 2021

By Faith In Christ I Walk With God

 


This post is dedicated to my Christian brothers and sisters
 in Afghanistan.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Many people in America are praying for you.
May the Lord be your Strength and your Shield.
May you find shelter and protection in
the shadow of His wings.

Love & Blessings to all.


Refuge
Mandy Jane Williams
Altus Art



By faith in Christ I walk with God,

With Heav'n my journey's end in view;

Supported by His staff and rod,

My road is safe, and pleasant too.

I travel through a desert wide

Where many round me blindly stray;

But He vouchsafes to be my guide,

And will not let me miss my way.

Though snares and dangers throng my path,

And earth and hell my course withstand;

I triumph over all by faith,

Guarded by His almighty hand.

The wilderness affords no food

But God for my support prepares;

Provides me every needful good

And frees my soul from wants and cares.

With Him sweet converse I maintain,

Great as He is I dare be free;

I tell Him all my grief and pain,

And He reveals His love to me.

Some cordial from His Word He brings

Whene'er my feeble spirit faints;

At once my soul revives and sings,

And yields no more to sad complaints.

I pity all that worldlings talk

Of pleasures that will quickly end;

Be this my choice, O Lord, to walk

With Thee, my Guide, my Guard, my Friend.



"By Faith In Christ I Walk With God"
(1779)
John Newton
(1725-1807)
English clergyman & hymn writer
His most famous song was "Amazing Grace"




No comments:

Post a Comment