Saturday, August 14, 2021

My Life, Dear Lord, I Give To Thee

 

My life, dear Lord, I give to Thee

In humble faith and loyalty,

To be Thine own in what is planned,

And heed with joy Thy love's command.


Black-Eyed Susans In A Field
(2007)
Laurie Rohner


Show me the trails that turn and climb

Through lonely deeps to heights sublime,

Yet never lose their touch with life

Its endless round of peace and strife.


I pray for tasks that ease the load

On other hearts along the road;

And love forgiving, patient, tried,

To quicken faith and hope beside.


Gird me with light whose rays and heat

Shall blaze a path to Thy blest seat,

That halting steps, no more afraid,

May reach the goals for which they've prayed.


O grant me grace to serve with Thee

In love unfailing, pure and free;

Guide me in trails which few have trod,

Whose winding ways lead home to God.

Amen



"My Life, Dear Lord, I Give To Thee"
(1918)
Reverend Calvin W. Laufer
(1874-1938)
American Presbyterian clergyman
and hymnographer




No comments:

Post a Comment