Wednesday, April 6, 2022

My Faith Looks Up To Thee

 

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control."
(2 Timothy 1:7)



Come, Be Not Afraid
Dan Wilson
Painting courtesy/Christ Fine Art



My faith looks up to Thee, 

Thou Lamb of Calvary, Savior divine;

Now here me while I pray,

Take all my guilt away,

O let me from this day

Be wholly Thine!


May Thy rich grace impart,

Strength to my fainting heart,

My zeal inspire; 

As Thou hast died for me,

O may my love to Thee

Pure, warm, change-less be,

A living fire!


While life's dark maze I tread,

And griefs around me spread,

Be Thou my Guide;

Bid darkness turn to day,

Wipe sorrow's tears away,

Nor let me ever stray

From Thee a-side.


When ends life's transient dream,

When death's cold, sullen stream

Shall o'er me roll,

Blest Savior, then, in love,

Fear and distrust remove;

O bear me safe above,

A ransomed soul!

Amen



"My Faith Looks Up To Thee"
(1830)
Reverend Ray Palmer
(1808-1887)
American pastor and hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment