Sunday, April 24, 2022

Send Out Thy Light And Thy Truth O Lord



"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
(John 8:32)


Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range
Colorado
(2018)
Photograph courtesy Steven Krull/Fine Art America



Psalm 43

Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation:

O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.

For Thou art the God of my strength; Why dost Thou cast me off?

Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

O send out Thy light and Thy truth: let them lead me;

Let them bring me unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy tabernacles.

Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God, my exceeding joy:

Yea, upon the harp will I praise Thee, O God, my God.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul?

And why art though disquieted within me?

Hope in God: For I shall yet praise Him,

Who is the health of my countenance, and my God.


The Sangre de Cristo Mountains were named in 1719 by the
Spanish explorer Antonio Valverde y Cosio.  As he watched the sunrise
one morning he was so moved by the beautiful red tint of sunlight on the snowy
mountain peaks, that he was said to have uttered the words, "Sangre de Cristo"
which in Spanish means, "Blood of Christ".



No comments:

Post a Comment