Sunday, June 18, 2023

A Father's Prayer

 

"My son, hear the instruction of your father;
reject not nor forsake the teaching of your mother.
For they are a victor's chaplet, garland of grace
upon your head and chains and pendants of
gold worn for kings around your neck."
(Proverbs 1:8-9)



Daddy's Guiding Hands
Laurie Snow Hein
Courtesy/ Fine Art America


O Lord, I humbly come to You

With this my earnest plea:

Lord, help me to become the man

That You would have me to be.

Purge me from sin, cleanse me within;

And fill my life with You, O Lord,

Your love and pow'r to know.

Help me each day, along life's way,

To keep You first in all I do,

And by Your grace to grow.

O God my Father, full of love,

Your grace abounds in me.

Lord, through my life may You alone

Be all my children see.

Purge us from sin, cleanse us within;

And fill our lives with You, O Lord,

Your love and pow'r to know.

Help us each day, along life's way,

To keep You first in all we do,

And by Your grace, to grow.

And Lord, when all our days are done,

When life on earth is through,

When then will know life's greatest joy:

Eternal life with You.

There we shall sing, loud anthems ring;

As we gather 'round Your throne,

We'll praise our Lord and King:

"Thanks be to God! Praise Him alone!"

But until then, O Lord, we pray,

To You the lost we'll bring.


"A Father's Prayer"
(1992)
Scott Werdebaugh
(1951-)
American hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment