Sunday, January 30, 2022

Dear Lord Who Sought At Dawn The Day

 

"One thing have I desired of the Lord,
that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house
of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty
of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple.

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion:
in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; 
He shall set me up upon a rock."
(Psalm 27:4-5)


Lenten Roses In The Snow
Picture courtesy/From The Garden Shed




Dear Lord who sought at dawn of day

The solitary woods to pray,

In quietness we come to seek

Thy guidance for the coming week.


O Master, who with kindly face

At noon walked in the market place,

We crave a brother's smile and song

When mingling in the human throng.


Strong Pilot, who at the midnight hour

Could calm the sea with gentle power,

Grant us the skill to aid the bark

Of those who drift in storm and dark.


As Thou at weary eventide

Communed upon the mountainside;

In reverent stillness now we ask

Thy presence for the morrow's task.

Amen



"Dear Lord Who Sought At Dawn The Day"
(1928)
Reverend Harry Webb Farrington
(1979-1930)
American Methodist minister,
hymn writer, soldier, and educator


No comments:

Post a Comment