Saturday, January 8, 2022

The Miracle Of The Missing Cat


 "If cats actually have nine lives, he probably used up about
eight of them in that nine day period."
-Sonny "Hoot" Gibson


Maddox is now safe and sound and living in the home of his owner, Sonny Gibson,
after being trapped for nine days beneath the rubble of a former three story office building. 
His owner hopes Maddox's story will be an inspiration to others.
Photograph courtesy/ Sonny "Hoot" Gibson



Maddox the cat is well known in the community of Mayfield, Kentucky.

Until recently, he was the office cat of business owner Sonny "Hoot" Gibson.
  Customers who came into his business loved being greeted by the friendly, 
coal black feline, who was often seen gazing out of the windows.

 However, in the early morning hours of December 10, 2021,
Maddox went missing in the wake of a violent, EF4 tornado
which devastated the southwestern Kentucky town. 

His owner assumed the worst had happened to his beloved pet.

Then, nine days later, Sonny Gibson was sitting where his desk use to be
 amid the rubble of his business when he heard a faint meow coming from somewhere.

"Out of the blue, I heard that meow," said Gibson.  When I heard it, and I said his name,
I heard it faintly again, I knew it was him.  My knees got so weak, my chest almost got
tight.  I thought, Oh my gosh, I'm going to have a heart attack here. I was blown away."

Gibson could not immediately find the cat, so he called in some of his
 employees who helped him search.  They eventually discovered the animal
in an air pocket underneath the rubble.  Maddox was shaken and scared 
 from his nine day imprisonment, but physically fine.

"It was just an incredible feeling to put him in my arms," Gibson told
the Associated Press.  "If cats actually have nine lives, he probably used
up about eight of them in that nine-day period."

"It's a blessing for people to hear the story so they can take that and
realize that great things can come out of terrible situations," Gibson added.
"If it's uplifting to one person, then Maddox has served his purpose on this planet."

As the owner of my own precious kitty, this amazing story 
and genuine Christmas miracle just touched my heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment