Friday, July 26, 2024

Flashback Friday: They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy

 




Released in April, 1974,  country legend Loretta Lynn's tribute to her father Ted Webb,
"They Don't Make'Em Like My Daddy" was a big hit for her that summer, peaking
  at Number # 4 on the US Billboard Hot Country Singles chart.

My father, Anthony Brida was not a coal miner, but he was definitely, "one heck of a man 
who worked for what he got" building a successful trucking business with my mother
  while raising six kids.  It was not easy, but my Dad belonged to a generation of
men who believed that self-reliance and determination, along with hard work,
reaped their own rewards.  A quality of character which is sorely lacking 
in this once "great big land of freedom" of today.  I love you, Daddy.



They Don't Make'Em Like My Daddy
(1974)
Loretta Lynn








No comments:

Post a Comment