Friday, July 12, 2024

Flashback Friday: Leader Of The Band

 




"But his blood runs through my instrument and his song is in my soul..."


This beautiful heartfelt ballad by American singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg
(1951-2007)  was written for and inspired by his father, Lawrence Fogelberg, 
 who was still alive when the song was released in December 1981. 

"Leader of the Band" was written for my father Lawrence Fogelberg who was a
musician, educator, and band leader," Dan said in an interview after his father's death
in August, 1982.  I was so gratified that I was able to give him that song before he passed on." 

 "Leader of the Band" became Dan Fogelberg's second Number One hit song
  on Billboard's Contemporary chart in March, 1982 following 1980's "Longer".



Leader Of The Band
Dan Fogelberg
(1981)


No comments:

Post a Comment