Wednesday, February 3, 2016

There's No Place Like Home



This is my first blog written in my new home!
I am glad we are here at last!





"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble there's no place like home!"
"Home Sweet Home"
-John Howard Payne
(1823)





I cannot wait to start gardening
in my new yard this year!



"I do not understand how anyone
 can live without one small place
 of enchantment to turn to."
-  Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings  






Time to catch up on my reading too!





“When I read a book, I put in all the imagination I can,
 so that it is almost like writing the book as well as reading it
 or rather, it is like living it. 
It makes reading so much more exciting,
 but I don't suppose many people try to do it.” 
-Dodie Smith






Nothing like baking on a
cold and blustery winter day...

Pamela's
 Homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 cups all purpose flour
4 cups oatmeal
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease and flour baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl,
beat together sugars, butter, 
coconut oil, and egg.
Add vanilla extract.
 In another mixing bowl
sift together flour, oatmeal,
baking soda, salt, and
cinnamon.
Gradually add sifted flour to sugar mixture,
mixing well.  Fold raisins into cookie dough.
Drop by rounded tablespoon on cookie sheet.
Bake about 15 minutes.
Makes about four dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment