Sunday, March 6, 2016

Pearls of Wisdom




"But to man He said, "Behold, the reverential
and worshipful fear of the Lord-that is Wisdom;
and to depart from evil is understanding."
Job 28:28


Job is the story of one man's remarkable and
unshakable faith in the midst of adversity. 





"You shall love your neighbor
as you do yourself."
Matthew 22:39



 “I'm still discovering, right up to this moment,
 that it is only by living completely in this world 
that one learns to have faith.
 I mean living unreservedly in life's duties, problems,
 successes and failures, experiences and perplexities.
 In so doing, we throw ourselves completely
 into the arms of God.”
 -Dietrich Bonhoeffer


Dietrich Bonhoeffer
1906-1945
German Lutheran Minister and
anti-Nazi dissident






 “Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good.” 
 Psalm 143:10







Within the maddening maze of things,
When tossed by storm and flood,
To one fixed trust my spirit clings;
I know that God is good!

No offering of my own I have,
Nor works my faith to prove;
I can but give the gifts He gave,
And plead His love for love.

I know not where His islands lift
Their fronded palms in air;
I only know I cannot drift
Beyond His love and care.

And so beside the silent sea
I wait the muffled oar;
No harm from Him can come to me
On ocean or on shore.

I know not what the future hath
Of marvel or surprise,
Assured alone that life and death
His mercy underlies.
 "The Eter­nal Good­ness"
By John G. Whittier





" When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
"Footprints In The Sand"
By Mary Stevenson





"Forsake not Wisdom, and she will keep
defend, and protect you; love her,
and she will guard you."
Proverbs 4:6 



 God's Wisdom is always perfect!



Daffodils and Crocus

"The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of the birds has come,
and the voice of the turtledove 
is heard in our land."
Song of Solomon
2:12 


 
How would the robins and other birds
know it is time to migrate north once
again to eagerly anticipate 
visiting the bird feeders in my yard?



A Bird's Eye View
Robins perched in a flowering Dogwood Tree




Swept slightly by the south wind
The elm leaves softly stirred
And in their pale green clusters
There straightway bloomed a bird.
His glossy feathers glistened,
With dyes as richly red
As any tulip flaming
From out the garden bed.
But, ah, unlike the tulips,
In joyous strain, ere long,
This red-bird flower unfolded,
A heart of golden song.
"The Red Bird"
By Eveleen Stein


Papa Cardinal feeds his "blooming" babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment