Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Mucha, Mary, Mariposa Skies...



"In the marvelous month of May
when all the buds were bursting,
then in my heart did
love arise.
-  Henirich Heine


Alphonse Mucha
"May"





"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit 
rejoices in God my Savior,
for He has been mindful of
the humble state of His servant.
From now on all generations 
will call me blessed,
for the Mighty One 
has done great things for me.
Holy is His name.
His mercy extends to those who fear Him,
from generation to generation."
Luke 1: 47-51


 L’innocence
 William Bouguereau,
 1893


Incarnation
The Lord is in His holy house
Oh, grace beyond describing,
That Christ in me should please to dwell,
Immanuel residing!
"My soul doth magnify the Lord,"
I sing with lowly Mary,
That God should choose to enter in
This humble sanctuary!
Not now in little Bethlehem,
As in the tender story;
Not now upon a mercy seat,
That bright Shekinah glory,
But in the body of His saint
He maketh His residing,
Both He in me and I in Him
In fellowship abiding.
Within my heart a burning bush,
Within, a mountain smoking;
This flesh of mine a temple veil,
The wondrous Presence cloaking;
Within this broken earthenware
A high and holy treasure;
Oh, mystery of mysteries!
Oh, grace beyond all measure!
"The Lord is in His Holy house"
Mysterious habitation!
I feel His presence here within
And offer my oblation.
Keep burning, incense of my soul!
Keep cleansing me, O Laver!
I want to serve and praise my God
Forever and forever!
-Anne Ortlund



One of my favorite
springtime flowers are the
lovely, delicately scented Iris,
which always bloom
in a striking profusion of color
during the month of May.

"Mariposa Skies"

No comments:

Post a Comment