Sunday, October 2, 2022

Lord, I Call Upon You


 "And another angel came and stood over the altar.
He had a golden censer, and he was given very much incense,
fragrant spices and gums, which exhaled perfume when burned,
that he might mingle it with the prayers of all the people
of God, the saints upon the golden altar before the throne.

And the smoke of the incense, the perfume, arose in the
presence of God, with the prayers of the people of God,
the saints, from the hand of the angel."
(Revelation 8:3-4)


Image courtesy/Pinterest



PSALM 141
A Psalm of David


"Lord, I call upon You; hasten to me.
Give ear to my voice when I cry to You.

Let my prayer be set forth as incense before You,
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Set a guard, O Lord, before my mouth;
 keep watch at the door of my lips.

Incline my heart not to submit or consent to any evil thing, or to
 be occupied in deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity;
and let me not eat of their dainties.

Let the righteous man smite and correct me-it is a kindness. Oil so
choice let not my head refuse or discourage; for even in their evils
or calamities shall my prayer continue.

When their rulers are overthrown in stony places, their followers
shall hear my words, that they are sweet.

The unburied bones of slaughtered rulers shall lie scattered
at the mouth of Sheol, as unregarded as the lumps of soil
behind the plowman when he breaks open the ground.

But my eyes are toward You, O God the Lord; in You do I trust
 and take refuge; pour not out my life nor leave it destitute or bare.

Keep me from the trap which they have laid for me,
 and the snares of evildoers.

Let the wicked fall together into their own nets,
while I pass over them and escape.




The Battle Hymn Of The Republic
The United States Army Field Band









No comments:

Post a Comment