Sunday, September 4, 2022

Forth In Thy Name

 

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the
renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve
what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God."
(Romans 12:2)


Glaneuse
(Gleaner)
(1880)
Julien Dupre
(1851-1910)
French painter
Painting courtesy/Julian Dupre



Forth in Thy name, O Lord I go,

My daily labor to pursue;

Thee, only Thee, resolved to know

In all I think or speak or do.

The task Thy wisdom hath assigned,

O let me cheerfully fulfill;

In all my works Thy presence find,

And prove Thy good and perfect will.

Give me to bear Thy easy yoke,

And every moment watch and pray;

And still to things eternal look,

And hasten to Thy glorious day.

For Thee delightfully employ,

Whate'er Thy bounteous grace hath given;

And run my course with even joy,

And closely walk with Thee to heaven.



"Forth In Thy Name"
(1749)
Charles Wesley
(1707-1788)
English leader of the Methodist Movement
and prolific hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment