Tuesday, September 20, 2022

You Don't Have To Kneel To Pray

 


"My sacrifice, the sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, broken down with sorrow for sin and
 humbly and thoroughly penitent, such O God, You will not despise."
(Psalm 51:17)






Today a question was asked of me-
"Grandma, how do you kneel to pray?"
This is what my grandson
(who's only three)
asked of me today!

"Your knees won't bend like they used to,
so you can't kneel on the floor.
There's so many things you used to do
that you can't do anymore.

"Now I can bring you ice for your tea
and go get the mail for you,
But Grandma, do you want me
to kneel down and pray for you, too?"

I told him, "I really don't have to kneel
or even bend my knee,
for it doesn't matter when I make an appeal
to God-He always hears me.

"All I have to do is close my eyes,
bow my head with respect
and God hears my prayers up there in the sky,
And He doesn't mind if I don't genuflect!

"For He knows just what is in my heart, Dear.
And what I ask of Him each day
is to watch over my loved ones down here.
So you see, I don't have to kneel to pray!"

"You Don't Have To Kneel To Pray"
Ava Lois Halstead

No comments:

Post a Comment