Saturday, September 17, 2022

Trust And Assurance

 


"The Lord is my Light and my Salvation-
whom shall I fear or dread?  The Lord is the Refuge
and Stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?"
(Psalm 27:1)



White Dove Resting On Crown Of Thorns
Melani Pyke
Painting courtesy/ Saatchi Art



God is my strong salvation;

What foe have I to fear?

In darkness and temptation,

My light, my help, is near:

Though hosts encamp around me,

Firm in the fight I stand;

What terror can confound me,

With God at my right hand?


Place on the Lord reliance;

My soul with courage wait;

His might thy heart shall strengthen,

His love thy joy increase;

Mercy thy days shall lengthen;

The Lord will give thee peace.


"God Is My Strong Salvation"
(1822)
James Montgomery
(1771-1854)
Scottish-born hymn writer, poet, editor




No comments:

Post a Comment