Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Summer's End






Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost 





I know I am
 but summer to your heart, 
and not the full four seasons of the year.
Edna St. Vincent Millay 



Vladimir Volegov 







"Rose Clair Renaissance IV"
 Doris Joa




Tis The Last Rose of Summer

'Tis the last rose of summer
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone;
No flower of her kindred,
No rosebud is nigh,
To reflect back her blushes,
Or give sigh for sight!

I'll not leave thee, thou lone one,
To pine on the stem;
Since the lovely are sleeping,
Go sleep thou with them.
Thus kindly I scatter
Thy leaves o'er the bed
Where thy mates of the garden
Lie scentless and dead.

So soon may I follow,
When friendships decay,
And from Love's shining circle
The gems drop away!
When true hearts lie withered,
And fond ones are flown,
Oh! who would inhabit
This bleak world alone!
Thomas Moore



"The Soul of the Rose"
John William Waterhouse
(1908)








Sunset on Delaware Bay







"Softly Now The Light Of Day"





Softly now the light of day
Fades upon my sight away;
Free from care, from labor free,
Lord, I would commune with Thee.


Thou, whose all pervading eye
Naught escapes, without, within,
Pardon each infirmity,
Open fault, and secret sin.


Soon for me the light of day
Shall forever pass away;
Then, from sin and sorrow free,
Take me, Lord, to dwell with Thee.


Thou Who, sinless, yet hast known
All of man’s infirmity;
Then, from Thine eternal throne,
Jesus, look with pitying eye.


From the opera
"Oberon"
Arranged by
Carl Maria von Weber
Music By George W. Doane 



"Watching The Sunset"
Laurie Justus Pace 


 
 “God turns my darkness into light.” 
Psalm 18:28

No comments:

Post a Comment