Monday, April 22, 2019

On My Mind: Sri Lanka




More than 290 people, including several Americans, were killed,
and at least 500 injured when bombs ripped apart several churches
 during Easter Sunday services on the island nation of  Sri Lanka yesterday.
  Explosions also rocked the Shangri-La, Kingsbury, and Cinnamon
Grand Hotels in the country's capital city of Colombo.


Suicide bombers from the National Throwheeth Jama'ath, 
a little known Islamic jihadist group in Sri Lanka, have since
 claimed responsibility for these devastating attacks.



Sri Lankan security personnel walk past dead bodies covered with blankets amid blast
debris at St. Anthony's Shrine following an explosion in the church in Kochchikade in
Colombo on Sunday (AFP Photo)


To those from Sri Lanka who have been kind enough to read my blog,
my heart and prayers are with you and your fellow citizens this morning,
and with the American families who have lost loved ones in this
 appallingly cruel and senseless tragedy.

May the risen Lord bring you His comfort and peace
 in this time of immeasurable sorrow and loss.

"For I know my Redeemer lives...And my eyes
shall behold Him..."
Job 19:25,27


I Am The Bread Of Life
Colin Raye
(2011)




No comments:

Post a Comment