Sunday, November 17, 2019

Sunday Meditation: Unto You, O Lord, Do I Bring My Life




"I do not call you servants any longer, for a servant does not
know what his master is doing, working out. But I have called 
you My friends, because I have made known to you everything
that I have heard from My Father, I have revealed to you
everything that I have learned from Him."
John 15:15






"Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life.

O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You.
Let me not be put to shame or my hope in You be disappointed;
let not my enemies triumph over me.

Yes, let none who trust and wait hopefully and look for You
be put to shame or be disappointed; let them be ashamed who
forsake the right or deal treacherously without cause.

Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.

Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me,
for You are the God of my salvation; for You, You only and altogether,
do I wait expectantly all the day long.

Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercy and loving-kindness;
for they have been ever from of old.

Remember not the sins, the lapses and frailties of my youth
or my transgressions; according to Your mercy and steadfast love
remember me, for Your goodness' sake, O Lord.

Good and upright is the Lord; therefore will He instruct sinners in His way.

He leads the humble in what is right, and the humble He teaches His way.

All the paths of the Lord are mercy and steadfast love, even truth and
faithfulness are they for those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.

For Your name's sake, O Lord, pardon my iniquity and my guilt, for they are great.

Who is the man who reverently fears and worships the Lord?
Him shall He teach in the way that he should choose.

He himself shall dwell at ease, and his offspring shall inherit the land.

The secret of the sweet, satisfying companionship of the Lord have
they who fear, revere and worship Him, and He will show them His 
covenant and reveal to them its deep inner meaning.

My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net.

Lord turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.

The troubles of my heart are multiplied; bring me out of my distresses.

Behold my affliction and pain and forgive all my sins of thinking and doing.

Consider my enemies,  for they abound; they hate me with cruel hatred.

O keep me, Lord, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed or disappointed,
for my trust and my refuge are in You.

Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for and expect You.

Redeem Israel, O God, out of all their troubles.


PSALM 25
A Song of David




No comments:

Post a Comment